Maternity Photography – Pose Ideas

Maternity sessions.  Perhaps the definition of a successful maternity photographer is that the photographs make pregnancy look effortless, serene and peaceful?
This mama was beautiful – her Mona Lisa smile quietly notified the world that she is ready.  And she didn’t need a photographer to coax that serene smile onto her lips.  The peaceful expectation in these shots is all hers.
She had some great ideas for poses, clothes, and quasi-clothes (scroll down a bit for that one).
And I got to try a few ideas that I’ve been wanting to play with.
I never thought about maternity photography poses much, especially as they relate to mom’s comfort.  I saw a picture on Flickr of a mom lying down, in profile, with a black shirt over her pregnant belly and these alphabet blocks on top of it. By the time we got to this series of shots, this mama had had enough of lying on her back, so we had to rethink the pose.  And I actually like the sitting-up version better!
 She looks gorgeous in these un-clothes, right?
My favorite picture frame. . . .
Maternity Photography – Pose Ideas